Anonymous asked: when did you know columbia was "the one"?
- When I was running down Broadway, getting drenched from the rain and soaked from splashing puddles, looking for a place to get food at nearly 1:30am with my future classmates
- Standing inside the Spectator's office, which had its own little cubicles for copy-editors, the sports section, The Eye, and the editor-in-chief
- Standing in front of the elevators on the floor of my host’s dorm, not knowing what exciting things would unfold
- Waiting for the elevator (a lot of these seem to happen at elevators…) to go up to the top floor of Lerner Hall when the cutest boy asked, “You’re here for Days on Campus, right? How do you like it so far?” and we had a 3-minute conversation on what Columbia was really like, what the weather would entail, and if I was truly interested in the school
- The severe niceness of some students; my friend’s roommate offered to show me her double because I hadn’t see one yet, even though she was rushing to go to play practice or something; one girl complimented me on my shirt; one guy gave me directions to my French class
- Waiting for the bus outside the gates on 116th street to take me back to the airport, knowing I would be back
Too many moments, I can’t pick just one!